Welcome to the home of Association of Nepalis in the Americas (ANA)
Welcome to the home of the Association of Nepalis in the Americas (ANA)!
It is a great privilege to be elected President for the next term (January 2021-June 2023).
The Association of Nepalis in the Americas (ANA), established in 1983, was the first large-scale Nepali community organization in North America. Our mission is to unite the North American Nepali diaspora and to foster Nepali identity and culture. For the past 38 years, the ANA has actualized this vision through numerous successful initiatives. Now, it is my turn to take the helm.
I envision the ANA as continuing to serve as a central pillar of our beautiful community and a beacon of pride for the Nepali diaspora, both in our traditional roles and by innovating new approaches. For our organization to remain relevant and thrive in the future, we will need to draw new passionate members into our coalition and unite the Nepali-American-Canadian community organizations across North America.
During my tenure, I am committed to addressing the following items on our agenda:
1. Unite all people-centered Nepali organizations, think-tanks, and knowledge platforms in order to support the sustainable development of Nepal and Nepali immigrants.
2. Implement the latest science and technology innovations into our programs- social development, community service, education, and everything else.
3. Gather with other national & international organizations in order to brainstorm and plan for Nepal and Nepali immigrant development.
4. Encourage the younger generation to embrace and identify with Nepali culture, even outside of Nepali events.
5. Improve organizational financial status and be fully transparent in regards to financial dealings.
6. Establish awards, recognization, and scholarship program funds for the second generation, with long-term sustainability in mind.
7. Publish more information about Nepalis success stories in order to encourage current, potential, and aspiring immigrants.
8. Digitalize all of our information in a public, free, online environment for the public’s benefit.
9. Work with the U.S. Federal Government in order to directly receive benefits for minority communities.
10. Create stronger, more expansive, and faster communication channels in order to communicate with the Nepalese community better.
I am honored to cooperate with our current partners and dedicated team members to achieve these lofty aspirations. Thanking you all for working with us to strengthen the North American Nepali community during this time of crisis and renewal. I am looking forward to wonderful days ahead.
Er. Bijay Raj Bhattarai
Association of Nepalis in the Americas (ANA)